Saturday, October 23, 2010

Move an Armoire or Heavy Cabinet

Once during a self-move, I thought I'd cut some corners (literally) when it came time to move some of the larger pieces of furniture, including a wardrobe that I'd stripped and repainted the previous summer. I thought I could get away with moving it just as it was, clothes and shoes still in place. What I discovered was, cabinets, wardrobes and armoires tip over really easily, and corners chip and doors break off and clothes end up in mud puddles in the middle of the street.

I was young. That's my only defense.

Cabinets and wardrobes all require a little bit of TLC. It's not that they're complicated or even very fragile, it's more that they deserve some extra care when considering how to pack and move them.

Photo

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment